Cannes Lions 2016 – International Festival of Creativity
It’s that time of year again, when creative minds from around the globe meet to network, discuss, vote and most importantly drink!
This year, Talentedge Creative & Media, will be hosting at the IAA Cabana, located by the Palais des Festival – nearby the Majestic Hotel, from the 21st of June until the 24th of June.
If you can’t make it down to our cabana, take note of the contact details below so we can arrange a better place to grab a drink, arrange lunch or have a catch up!
If you’re not in Cannes this year, follow us on Twitter for updates throughout the week.
Sign up to the Events below…
15:00 – What’s Coming Next? T for Talent or T for Trouble? The 2016 IAA Ad Industry Talent Research revealed!
What’s the problem? Are young people prepared for the workforce? Industry doesn’t pay adequate salaries? Little training or career planning? Or, are other industries more attractive? Come hear it all and have your say during a panel discussion moderated by Diane Slade, IAA VP Learning and Karen Carter, IAA VP Young Professionals.
15:00 – Leading Creative Talent
Creative talent is critical to the media and marketing services sector. However there isn’t always an easy marriage between corporate goals and creative ambitions. This session will look at how leaders try to inspire and lead creative people, whilst also meeting critical business objectives.
The key focus areas will be:
- How to motivate creatives to produce inspired work, without boundaries – within the constraints of budget and with eye on the bottom line.
- Whilst conflict may be inevitable, is it also a spark for creativity?
- Instilling team (and more challenging still, “corporate”) values in a field that is often more about the individual.
- Learnings from creative people moving into management themselves – what are the key benefits and can this create conflict (both personal and organisational)?
- Robbie Douek, EMEA MD at Maker Studios (division of Disney)
- Glen Taylor, CEO of Taylor James, a creative production agency based in London and NY.
- Rob Sherlock, CEO and Worldwide Executive Creative Director, ADK Global.
- Simon Samuel, Managing Director, Talentarc
Zena will be in and around the Cabana – pop on over for drinks!
Give us a shout if you’re interested in arranging a meet up, you can contact Zena on the details above!